Limerick FC Against Racism & Discrimination
Limerick FC condemns all forms of bigotry and discrimination in football. Limerick FC does not condone hostile abuse of individual players, spectators or officials based on ethnic or cultural background, nationality or religious affiliation.
Racism thrives on fear and ignorance and not knowing or understanding those from different backgrounds.
Integration in society happens through school, college and work, along with active involvement in other activities, like sport.
It is important to Limerick FC that everyone in our community has the opportunity to participate in football, at a level appropriate to their ability, without prejudice.
Limerick FC is committed to implementing the UEFA 10 Point Plan for Profressional Football Clubs to combat racism.
Limerick FC has equal opportunities policies for the recruitment of employees, volunteers and players.
Limerick FC is committed to supporting the annual FARE Action Weeks Against Racism (held in October each year).
Limerick FC provides support to Doras Luimní, who organise teams to represent Limerick at the annual SARI Cup tournament.
- Issue a club statement outlining the action that will be taken against those who engage in racist behaviour
- Make public addess announcements at matches condemning racist behaviour
- Make it a condition for season ticket holders that they do not engage in racist behaviour
- Take action to prevent the distribution of racist literature inside and around the ground
- Take disciplinary action against players who engage in racist behaviour
- Contact other clubs to make sure they understand the club’s policy on racism
- Encourage a common strategy between stewards and police for dealing with racist abuse
- Remove any racist graffiti from the ground as a matter of urgency
- Adopt an equal opportunities policy in relation to employment and service provision
- Work with other groups and agencies campaigning to eliminate racism and discrimination
Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE)
Annual Action Weeks
Limerick FC is delighted to support the annual FARE Action Weeks Against Racism, held throughout Europe every October.
Limerick FC is an equal opportunities club and has equal opportunities policies for the recruitment of employees, volunteers and players.